Only adults are admitted. Nobody younger than 18 can hire or listen to Psykhomantus in the club or your speakers with this rating. The DJ under this category do not have limitation on the bad language that is used. Hard Beats are generally allowed, and strong Scratchin/Beat Juggling along with Body Tricks activity is also allowed. Scenes of strong real sex may be permitted if justified by a fly groupie.

Monday 17 November 2014

On The Q&A Tip with Junia-T




Psykhomantus: Welcome to the UK and to the Q&A tip. Before we start. Can you tells us who you are, what you do and tell us what you do?

Junia T: What's up y'all. The name is Junia-T and I'm an emcee/producer from Toronto.

Psykhomantus: When and how did you fall in love with Hip Hop?

​Junia T: I could say the music found me in the late 80s. When I first heard De La's 'Me Myself And I' everything changed for me.

Psykhomantus: What inspires you to write your rhymes and to make your beats

​Junia T: Living inspires me to make music. From the vibe that pushes me to write something to the tunnel vision I get when chopping a sample. What I went through that day surely brought me to a point needing to create.

Psykhomantus: Can you break it down to us and explain who are the featured artist on your album Eye See You?

​Junia T: While working on 'Eye See You' I was blessed to work with a league of talented artists. As far as the heads who added to the soundscape I had Marlon James (bass guitar) Octavio Santos (Trumpet) Kiercy Rand (Keys) HMLT (Keys). Voices on the tape are Little Simz, Emerson Brooks, pHoenix, LordQuest, Franc Grams, Jessie Reyez, Kemi, Tassnata, Yancy Deron & Lizzie Nightingale. Pretty heavy cast when you look at it. Surely was a big learning experience for me as a producer.

Psykhomantus: Can you tell us How long did it take to make the album Eye See You?

​Junia T: The project took about 2 years to make. A lot of living went in this body of work.


Psykhomantus: How did you feel when your first seen your video on VisionBombing?

​Junia T: Crazy feeling actually! I had never seen my video cut up or blended like that. Also the over blend is dope so I appreciated being in the mix.

Psykhomantus: Can you name one song you wish you written by another artist?

​Junia T: Kinky Reggae by Bob Marley

Psykhomantus: Can you name 5 producers you rate and why?

​Junia T: - Dilla - For many reasons but mainly for how diverse his sample selection was.
- Elaquent - The studder and lay back drums are too much!
- Madlib - He's a true selector. Has chunes mans dem just don't have.
-Slakah The Beatchild - All of his basslines are crazy.
-LordQuest - Always heavy with the drums

Psykhomantus: My favourite question (Me being a trouble maker) Is there a Rapper you feel that should just put the mic down?

​Junia T: Too many to mention.

Psykhomantus: Last question. What will we be expecting in the future from you?

​Junia T: More music and more music. There are no rules to this so don't expect me to follow any.


Junia-T ft. Kemikal - Sky Is Falling is featured in VisionBombing Season 2 | Episode 5

www.VisionBombing.com

No comments:

Post a Comment