Only adults are admitted. Nobody younger than 18 can hire or listen to Psykhomantus in the club or your speakers with this rating. The DJ under this category do not have limitation on the bad language that is used. Hard Beats are generally allowed, and strong Scratchin/Beat Juggling along with Body Tricks activity is also allowed. Scenes of strong real sex may be permitted if justified by a fly groupie.

Sunday 9 November 2014

On The Q&A Tip with Enji




On The Q&A Tip with Enji

Psykhomantus: Before we get things started, can you tell us where youre from and what do you do? Just for the readers to know the deal.


Enji: Parents from Ghana, born a Londoner, currently in North. What do I do??  I’m a Philosophizing Gentleman Pimp in Denial, tryna purge myself through the medium of Rhythm And Poetry..

P: I met you thought the music collective group 3rd Stream. How did you all meet, and how did and get down to being a member?

E: The short version: I met Dziko through a good friend, he took me to a jam session at Son of Dan’s house and here we are today. It was both times a case of us listening to each others music and feeling it enough to want to collaborate, which for me was a big honour based on the extent or standard of 3rd Stream’s talent. They all produce insanely well with individual specialities or sounds, topped with Dziko’s singing, Kenny Dust’s rapping and Son of Dan’s concepts and ideas. It’s crazy.
So yeah, when S o D proposed the whole 3rd Stream concept I was like yep!

P: What inspires you to write your songs?

E: I love to do it is the first point of inspiration. I like the challenge of the whole process, coming up with a concept, hook, verses, practicing, recording and liking the finished product. The concepts are inspired by everything. I might be listening to a track and just the feeling it’s giving me makes me wanna write something equally moving. Sometimes I just want to give my own prospective to a given topic. It basically serves as a form of therapy.

P: I've played some of your music at my Brazilika nights. How do you feel after hearing the Your songs played in a club. Can you explaining the feeling it gives you?

E: It’s a few things, it’s strange in the sense that I can’t listen to my music from a non critical viewpoint, so it feels awkward, but at the same time seeing somebody or people enjoying or appreciating my song is amazing to me. I think more so because I am extra critical of my own work. The feeling I get is the same as that point where you’re just about to kiss that girl you thought was way out of your league and she’s not drunk she’s on it as much as you, or when she stops kissing you looks into your eyes and says “I’ll be right back”. It’s a bit of anxiety and excitement, like “That’s my Sh!t,”, which is the This is actually happening.. alongside “what if they don’t get it” which is the “What if my moves aint good enough.. “. For the record, they always are in excess of expectation, and beyond good enough.. I’m just saying.

P: Your no stranger to performing on stage now. Which performance can you say is your favourite?

E: I can still remember them all so I’m in no way a master of performing yet either, but my favourite, I have favourites for different reasons. We did a Brazilika at Charlie Wrights that was significant for me because it was the first of the 3rd Streams outings.. and in terms of number one performance, I recently went to perform a short set at a high calibre open mic night, when the host found out I was rapping she told me to keep it to one song. Tough host, tough crowd, I went up and apparently killed it with the one song and got to complete the set. Plus I was backed by a live band.. I love performing with live instruments.

P: Is there a performance that you've done and said to yourself that you could of done that better?

E: That’s every show, I’m rarely disappointed but I always look back at footage pick out what to work on.

P: If you could pick two other artists or group to go on a super tour with you who would they be?

E: The Roots.. For the Band for the experience and for the music, and for the chance to perform with some of the artists they might bring out depending on the location. There are so many it’s hard to pick one but I like watching artist perform who look as though they love what they’re doing.. and do it well.. so for that reason I’d have to say Red and Meth..

P: Rap Questions? What's your definition of the Golden Era for rap music, which has been your favourite time. 80's, 90's or 00's?

E: My definition of the golden era would be the nineties based on my take of the so called mainstream hip hop artists up until then were likely to have more to say than just money guns bitches, there was a theme of empowerment and self respect. But that’s the only reason.. I don’t think that fact makes rap today any less, Mohamed Ali said in a Parkinson interview that nature hides it’s valuable things, precious stones and metals have to be sought out, and likewise for the best quality hip hop you have to dig around for it..

P: Dangerous Question: Is there an Artist (any artist in the rap game)you feel that should just give it up?

E: I never think anyone should give up I think everyone should be realistic and try harder, build or grow.. So with that in mind I say no. But I do wish some artists would give up or just stop catering to the existing mainstream ethos, some who are clearly gifted but promoting bullsh@t, and then the others that lack talent and sense I wish they would quit but I’d never tell anyone to quit. And I aint saying any names..

P: Last question. What will we be expecting in the future from you?

E: More good music, more conceptual music, more empowering music crafted for a main stream audience. I’ve just finished a reggae/dub project that should be released in Jan 2015.

Right now I’m working on the Enji El Album, “Cardigans and Suede Trainers”, between now then I’ll be collaborating on eps and upping my stage game and internet presence.

Mantus thanks man..

No comments:

Post a Comment