Only adults are admitted. Nobody younger than 18 can hire or listen to Psykhomantus in the club or your speakers with this rating. The DJ under this category do not have limitation on the bad language that is used. Hard Beats are generally allowed, and strong Scratchin/Beat Juggling along with Body Tricks activity is also allowed. Scenes of strong real sex may be permitted if justified by a fly groupie.

Tuesday 3 March 2015

Interview: On The Q&A Tip With... Yumi (4649 Worldwide Streetwear)

Psykhomantus: Okay, so first question. Just for the readers to know who you are, can you tells us where you are from and what you do for a living?
Yumi: I gave birth to & raise StreetWear brand 4649 WorldWide; we spread peace & love with comfy garms, WorldWide.
On professional note I am a freelance visual designer with 10+yrs experience.

Psykhomantus: How long have you been living in the UK for?
Yumi: Came to UK straight from Japan in 2001 to go to art colleges - got my first job here so I stayed on.

Psykhomantus: When did you get into or Known of this culture called Hip Hop?
Yumi: My mum was a hiphop dance teacher so I was familiar with it, though actually hooked was after I came to UK - living in South London opened up my interests in black culture and history. Started with going through the catalogues of golden era, then I fell in love with Tupac which led me to study Black Panthers, civil rights movement and so on.

Psykhomantus: What made you want to take part of the fashion industry with your street wear 4649 clothing, what inspires you?
Yumi: After spending years designing in computer screen, I was missing that tangible thing; something you can feel and touch. Then I saw 'RockSmith presents Ab-Soul's Black Lip Bastard' video - I love the way RockSmith pushed their brand (and young artists) through music videos, very subtly too. How their logo hit me was like I've found my space in this culture I love.  My portrait illustrations of rappers were pretty popular online so the initial plan was to print them onto tshirts, but I've faced with copyright issues so decided to kickoff with original designs. It was 2011.

Psykhomantus: Can you name 5 other Hip Hop clothing wear you rate and why?
Yumi:
RockSmith NYC - main inspiration for what I do.
LDRS 1354 -  love their store in Chicago.
Enstrumental - amazing graphic tees, spot on my type.
Santastic Tokyo - the great marriage between manga and hiphop.
Grind London - big fan of the brand, supa chill and cool.

Psykhomantus: On Your website you have a video page called "Spot The 4649" which freatures some artists sporting your wear. Can you tell us some of the name of the artists that are wearing your gear and how did you link up with them?
Yumi: People wear my garms out of love in most of the videos - when they surprise me like that, it makes all the grind & sacrifice worthwhile. So thank you to all <3 p="">All started from MysDiggi however, who was the first one to support my garms in public. I wrote to him after seeing his 'Cockadoodledoo' video, which opened my eyes to UK Hiphop scene, saying how much his music supported my grind. He showed me back genuine love & support since then. Another person who showed me mad love early is Phoenix Da IceFire; we met at the video shoot for Midas Touch and he welcomed me like a family ever since, connecting me with a lot of people too.

Psykhomantus: Can you name 5 Hip Hop DJs you rate and why?
Yumi:
GrandMasterFlash - grandma still rocks the floor.
J Rocc - what an entertainer.
Mr. Thing - national treasure.
DJ Green Lantern - I've bumped Rap Phenomenon 2 mixtape until CD worn out.
VisionBombing DJs - Phykhomantus & Mr Dex have mad chemistry together and I trust & respect two dearly. #Crewlove

Psykhomantus: Nike or Adidas?
Yumi: Grew up with Adidas. But I have super soft spot for triple black Nike's.

Psykhomantus: My favourite question (as i am known to be a trouble maker) Is there a Rapper you feel that should just put the mic down (don't hold back now)?
Yumi: Jigga

Psykhomantus: Last question, what will we expect from you in the future?
Yumi: More loving and caring. To the world.

Best Regards,
 
 
- - - - - ✍
 
Yumi Sakaki - Chief / Creative Director @ 4649 Worldwide
 
 

www.VisionBombing.com

No comments:

Post a Comment