Only adults are admitted. Nobody younger than 18 can hire or listen to Psykhomantus in the club or your speakers with this rating. The DJ under this category do not have limitation on the bad language that is used. Hard Beats are generally allowed, and strong Scratchin/Beat Juggling along with Body Tricks activity is also allowed. Scenes of strong real sex may be permitted if justified by a fly groupie.

Saturday 14 May 2016

#25thAnniversaryOfDJing



Well! It's been a long ride from when I first put the needle to Main Source's "Just Hangin' Out" B-Side 12 inch. "Live At The Babeque" featuring Nas, Joe Fatal and Akinyele was my jump off as a young DJ named Busta Scratch back on the 14th May 1991 at a place called Spectrum. From then, it was youth clubs, community centres, house parties, clubs, radio, park jams. It was in 1999 living in Birmingham I decided to step my game up and became a turntablist and renamed myself Psykhomantus and entered my first battle at the DMC's regional heats in 2001. Who knew from there I would start teaching DJ workshops to musical director in theatre (2003 "Looking For The Perfect Beat-A Hip Hop Story"), DJing in art galleries, worked in a record store, introduction the turntable as a musical instrument in schools, DJed at 2009 Special Olympics, spoken words events and of course supporting acts from the likes of Grandmaster Flash, DJ Cash Money, Courtney Pine, Omar, Tim Westwood, Maseo (De La Soul), Kurtis Blow, Furious 5, to Janet Kay, Carroll Thompson, Victor Romero Evans, Slum Village, Crazy Legs, The Pharcyde, Inspectah Deck (Wu-Tang Clan) and many, many more. My joy of loving rap music to it's original breaks, soul, jazz, broken beat, soulful house, electronica, supporting B-Boys, B-Girls, lockers, poppers, Breakin Convention's Hip Hop Dance Theatre, creating my own Turntablism theatre show "Drunken Juggles: 8 Immortal Techniques" to my web series VisionBombing. I look back and think, that's one hell of a ride, but it was an experience and a dammn good one. I did everything by myself which Is why I like working solo and glad I stayed that way. I find working with others just slows you down. Where do I go from here.... We'll see. Thank you, the supporters and fuck you very much to the ones that try to bite my style and the ones that didn't believe in me. I am DJ Psykhomantus and I love DJing.

No comments:

Post a Comment