Only adults are admitted. Nobody younger than 18 can hire or listen to Psykhomantus in the club or your speakers with this rating. The DJ under this category do not have limitation on the bad language that is used. Hard Beats are generally allowed, and strong Scratchin/Beat Juggling along with Body Tricks activity is also allowed. Scenes of strong real sex may be permitted if justified by a fly groupie.

Sunday 10 January 2010

Psykhomantus Q & A

What Equipment Did You Use When You First Started DJing?

Two Technics SL-1200 MK2's and a Realistic mixer

Of Vinyl, CD And Laptop SyStems. Which Do You Prefer?

First of all, I like to use vinyl. Am a turntablist and nothing is better than cutting up, trick mixing or beat juggling on the turntables so I am forever vinyl using the Serato software.

Which Equipment Do You Insist On For Gig's As Part Of Your Rider?

Two Technics SL-1200/1210's Turntables. Technics SH-EX 1200 Mixer, Vestax PMC-07 Pro Mixer or the Rane TTM 57SL DJ Mixer (one out of the three). I'll bring the rest, which is my headphones, mic, needles, slipmats, serato scratch live.

Do You Carry Any Additional Equipment To Gig's Such As Effects, Samples Or Drum Machines?

No. I can do all the effects on my Serato Scratch Live but on my Bongo Scratch nights I do have a Percussionist that brings alot of stuff along with him.

What Are The Most Common Technical Problems You Encounter At Gig's?

Bad Calibrating from the use of old turntables or turntables that have the pins pushed back from the use of other needles like Ortofons. I use Shure needles.

Can You Imagine Ever Changing The Way You Play Technically?

That's already happen with Serato and Tracker Scratch in the game. I can do the same thing that i do now on vinyl with CD's with the Pioneer CDJ's 900 but I love the feel of vinyl. Anything can happen so yes is the answer. It's all about giving it to the people.

Psykhomantus Top 5 Party Tracks

1. The Jimmy Castor Bunch "It's Just Begun"

This track set's of any B-Boy event, could be a B-Boy showdown or a party in a club for the norm's people get down. I have fun trick mixing or beat juggling this one.

2. Nutmeg "Bicycle Kick"

As people already know, I Am a big fan of Broken Beats and love the work of 4hero, IG Culture, Domu, Jazzanova Mark De Clive-Lowe and Bugz In The Attic. The list goes on and as the prime time of broken has gone (2004 to me was it's best time), I still do a tribute set when am giging. I Love DKD's "Future Rage" and NSM's DJ Power (IG Culture mix) but sometimes i think those tracks are a little to dark for the massive. Bicycle Kick is the same but i always give it that push. They must learn.

3. Leaders Of The New School "The International Zone Coaster"

Just Like Jimmy Castor, this track has something in it to make the people wanna get down. I Love my Hip-Hop and Hip-Hop to me means love, peace, unity and having fun, not money, cars and bitchies. This one sets the vibe in any event that the dancers wanna flex to.

4. Omar "It's So"

This is a all rounder. It's Reggae, Calypso, Salsa, Hip-Hop, Soul, Jazz, Broken all in one. This can be played anywhere and everywhere.

5. The Rebirth "Evil Vibrations"

The Rebirth do a good job of covering Mighty Ryeders "Evil Vibrations". This goes well in any club and i usually mix De La Soul's "A Roller Skating Jam Named Saturday" after just so they know where it comes from.

Don't forget to check Psykhomantus every Saturday @ The Turkey Cafe, 24 Grandy St, Leicester, LE1 1DE

No comments:

Post a Comment