Only adults are admitted. Nobody younger than 18 can hire or listen to Psykhomantus in the club or your speakers with this rating. The DJ under this category do not have limitation on the bad language that is used. Hard Beats are generally allowed, and strong Scratchin/Beat Juggling along with Body Tricks activity is also allowed. Scenes of strong real sex may be permitted if justified by a fly groupie.

Sunday 28 April 2013

The Futuristic Sounds Of Dezaray Dawn Mixtape & Interview




April has been a crazy busy month as I'm in between a theatre production for Gemma Weekes "SewKee MmeGa... Alien From Inner Space", my turntablism project "Drunken Juggles: The Eight Immortals Technique" and my usual gigs I rock. Last year I was dropping crazy mixtapes left right and centre but I wanted to fall back from that this year and focus more on my other projects. But as I am known for putting out mixtapes for the people I wanted to get back and re-connect with my close friends in entertainment. To continue the A Mantus Joint (Lol! Like I was Spike Lee or something) which features Kenny Dust, Soweto Kinch, Rob Swift, Juice Aleem, Madflow, Son Of Dan, K.E.V., Heidi Vogel and Flyza. Now added to the family is Dezaray Dawn who I met via the internet on Coopr8.com back in 2008. With a new project to come and a new super cool look, Check out the one to one interview below and enjoy the The Futuristic Sounds Of Dezaray Dawn mixtape.
  
Psykhomantus: Okay, so first question. When did you know you have the gift to use your voice to become a singer?

Dezaray Dawn: I was always singing around the house as a child. My mother was a singer with a local band, so I would mimic her alot. She eventually put me in Chorus classes in high school and I guess that was confirmation to me that I could sing pretty well.


P: What gets you in the mood to write your songs and Have you ever have anyone written songs for you?


D: High emotion whether good or bad motivated me to write. I try and search for exactly how I feel during the moment or reflect on when I felt a certain way in the past. I have co written songs with other people but I have not had anyone write a song for me. I use to do spoken word before I started writing songs, so its important to me to be a part of the writing process.



P: Can you remember your favourite performance?
D: My favorite performance so far was during my first release party for Chameleon EP, which was done during the International Soul Music Summit here in Atlanta. I was there with Dazikue from Bug in the Attic, Mark de Clive Lowe, Lady Alma and NDambi were there in attendance so I was so excited to be among such great artists.

P: Is their a performance that you've done and said to yourself that you could of done that better?
D: Im very critical of myself performance wise during every performance. So I always leave the stage with I could have dont this better remarks in my head lol.

P: I came across you on Coopr8's website and fell in love with your song Chameleon which you produced. When did you knowledge that you can do this as a producer too?
D: I am very influenced by the music that come out of the UK. I didnt know anyone at the time that was making music like that around me, so I took a stab at trying to create it myself. I still have alot of growing to do in production, but its fun learning along the way.

P: So tell me which 5 dream producers you would like to have produce a track for you?
D: Dego and Atjazz so far are my favs!

P: What's do you class as the golden era for good music. 70s, 80s, 90s or 00's?
D: I think knowledge of the 70s,80s,90s music is collectively a golden age of good music.

P: So tell me which 5 artists you rate or look up too?
D: I admire artists that do there own production like Erik Rico, Muhsinah, Georgia Anne Muldrow, Submotion Orchestra, and some of the vocal stylings of Amel Larrieux, Deborah Jordan and Bembe Segue.

P: I enjoyed putting your mix tape How did you feel listening to your tracks back to back and what did you think of the artwork cover?
D: The mix is dope and its fun to listen and see what mixes and blends well with what song. I really enjoyed the artwork as well, very creative and eye catching.

P: Last question. What will we be expecting in the future from you?
D: I am going to finally release my full length album "The Dawning" this summer. There are songs that some are familiar with but some news ones as well. Hope everyone likes it.
P: So do I. x



Over It  (Music Video)


The Futuristic Sounds Of Dezaray Dawn
All songs written by Dezaray Dawn, Productions by Dezaray D. Frazier for Sol Heir Music, Marc Mac for Omniverse Productions, Denz and BusCrates 16-bit Ensemble, Applejac's Pre-WMC Treats, 
"Intro"
"Drowning"
Written by Dezaray Dawn, Produced by Marc Mac for Omniverse Productions
"Deep Waters"
Written by Dezaray Dawn, Produced by Marc Mac for Omniverse Productions
"Deep Waters (Denz Remix)"
Written by Dezaray Dawn, Produced by Denz
"Sail Away"
Written by Dezaray Dawn, Produced by Marc Mac for Omniverse Productions
"Can't Lock Down"
Written and Produced by Dezaray D. Frazier for Sol Heir Music (ASCAP)
Additional programming/ arranging - Good Will
"Hide Away"
Written and Produced by Dezaray D. Frazier for Sol Heir Music (ASCAP)
Synth bass/ additional programming/ arranging - Good Will
"Hide Away (16-Bit Emsumble Remix)"
Written by Dezaray Dawn, Produced by BusCrates 16-bit Ensemble
"B-Tween-The-Lines"
Written and Produced by Dezaray D. Frazier for Sol Heir Music (ASCAP)
"Chameleon (Intro)"
Written and Produced by Dezaray D. Frazier for Sol Heir Music (ASCAP)
Additional drum programming/arranging - Good Will, Synth bass/ additional programming - Elijah "D.D" Holt
"Chameleon (Applejac's Sounds Of Mecca Remix)"
Written by Dezaray Dawn, Produced by Applejac's Pre-WMC Treats
"Rain"
Written by Dezaray Dawn, Produced by Marc Mac for Omniverse Productions
"Da Day"
Written and Produced by Dezaray D. Frazier for Sol Heir Music (ASCAP)
Additional drum programming/ arranging - Good Will
"Over It"
Written and Produced by Dezaray D. Frazier for Sol Heir Music (ASCAP)
The Dawning (Exclusive)
Written and Produced by Dezaray D. Frazier for Sol Heir Music (ASCAP)/ Additional arranging - Good Will/ Additional arranging/mixing - Kurt Hoffler Kmusicstudios Productions.


Limited Download: https://soundcloud.com/dezaray-dawn/the-futuristic-sounds-of
Twitter: @Dezaray_Dawn
Facebook: Dezaray Dawn
www.dezaraydawn.bandcamp.com

No comments:

Post a Comment